Some may believe that appearance can be disregarded when on vacation, but that isn’t so. You can still look absolutely amazing when being out of the norm and in a new place!
Here are some of my personal beauty MUST haves when travelling:
- Okay, so you may think this is a completely obvious travel item, but you can get a sunscreen that helps your face just as well! My personal favorite sunscreen to bring along is Neutrogena’s Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch lotion. This sunscreen is oil-free and feels light on your face and completely dry to the touch! Instead of wearing greasy ‘screens, this will actually keep your face from getting pores clogged up! Plus, the higher the SPF, the better it’ll help you keep away from harmful UV rays! (I usually do a nice SPF 70 because of my pale skin). Less sun damage = less future wrinkles. Click here to find it!
- Dry shampoo is one of the first things I pack when about to travel. You never know when you’ll be in need of it, especially when the water in a hotel goes out, or you don’t have enough time to take a shower (or just don’t want to, haha). This stuff comes in super handy and after spraying it, it leaves your hair smelling amazing! My personal favorite brand of dry shampoo is Batiste®. And my favorite scent of it is “Floral and Flirty”. It smells super girly, and I love it. Click here to find it!
- Don’t forget about your skin routine when you go travel! Face cleansing is important especially if you travel to an area where you sweat a lot, or are in a lot of dirty air. Having a daily dose of cleanser washed on your face will keep it clean and oil-free! My personal favorite is Neutrogena® Deep Clean® Long-Last Shine Control Daily Face Exfoliating Scrub. This scrub really cleanses your pores, and scrubs it to where all the dirt comes off really easy. It also creates an oil-free feel and makes it to where your face doesn’t greasily shine. It’s fantastic! Click here to find it!
- Concealer is great on those days where you have bags upon bags under your eyes from lack of sleep (which is fine because vacations do that to you!). Having a nice concealer will help you look ready and refreshed for your days full of adventure and fun! My personal favorite concealer to use is actually discontinued, but you can still find it on beauty sites online. It is the Almay Smart Shade CC Concealer + Brightener. I’ve tried many other name-brands, and this one worked the best considering it’s relatively cheap price! It stays on all day and doesn’t cake. Click here to find it!
- This is my absolute go-to when it comes to light makeup! You can never have a wrong place to wear it and it is always nice to accentuate your lashes on a day to day basis! My personal favorite mascara is an affordable one. It’s called Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara. It really brings my lashes out, but you do have to make sure you apply more than one coat. I usually do about two or three so it doesn’t look too heavy or cakey. Also, it’s waterproof! So if you want to go on a water ride at Disney World or a cave tubing adventure in Belize, it’ll stay on through it all! Click here to find it!
- Eyeliner is also a mega go-to for me, personally. I always do a thin line on my waterline just to give a natural look every day. My favorite eyeliner is the Maybelline New York Unstoppable Mechanical Eyeliner in onyx (because I prefer black liners over brown shades). This is a mechanical pencil eyeliner instead of a regular pencil This is best for travels so you don’t have to take a sharpener with you! I love this liner so much! It stays on all day, it’s easy to take off at the end of the day, and it looks fabulous (plus it’s cost-friendly!). I always get the double package since you never know if one will break or not. Click here to find it!
Perfume and/or Body Spray.
- You NEED to bring either one or both of these when on your travels! When travelling, you will always want to smell fresh and ready, and having either one of these perfume options will be best. Although I could give my favorite scent, everyone has a different body chemistry, so I can’t really tell you what perfume or body spray would be best for you. But my favorite brand of body spray, hands down, are the ones at Bath and Body Works. For perfumes, I prefer a more department store brand.
- Okay, I’ll tell y’all my personal favorites. My favorite perfume is One Direction’s Our Moment, and my favorite body spray is Bath and Body Works’ Forever Red. But again, it’s different for everyone! So be creative and try different smells!
- Another MUST HAVE. You need deodorant to stay your freshest anywhere you travel to from the snowy Himalayas to a tropical Brazilian rainforest. My favorite deodorant is Secret Deodorant Powder Fresh. I love the way it stays fresh and smells like powder. Secret deodorants in general are great for travels. They work fantastic and stay fresh all day. Click here to find it!
- Keep your lips nourished and moisturized! This is especially helpful when travelling to desert regions or regions with less moisture in the air! It’s also especially helpful when going to the beach too if it has SPF in it. This can be used as a lip sunscreen at the same time as keeping them moisturized. My favorite lip balm is Softlips lip balm. I always get the double pack, one being vanilla scented, and the other having a pearl tint. This makes it to where you can have a shimmer lip if you want to! Click here to find it!
- Sometimes, there are times on travels when you might have a little “you time” or free time. Why not paint your nails and treat yourself? Bring your favorite shade of nail polish! My go-to polish is ALWAYS red polish. Call me old-fashioned, but I love it. My go-to polish is Essie’s Real Red nail polish. It’s bright red, but not too bright. So it does stand out, but not too much. It’s a perfect color for any type of travel you’ll be on! Click here to find it!
Mini Shampoos and Conditioners.
- Yes, hotels do give you free ones, but I think if you buy your own favorite shampoos and conditioners, and then pour them into smaller containers that are more packing-friendly, it’s better. Find small bottles for your shampoos and conditioners at Wal-Mart. Click here to find them!
- Sanitizer is always great to have! Instead of trying to find a sink with soap in the middle of a forest, just have Bath and Body Works’ sanitizer hanging on a keychain on your purse or backpack! My favorite scent of their sanitizer is the Dazzling Diamond. I love this one because it smells great and has glitter sparkles in it, making your hands shimmer which is always great! Click here to find it!
- Also, don’t forget to get a PocketBac carrier as well! They have cute ones like this mermaid one!
- Lotion is great for anywhere you travel! Moisturizing is great for you and your skin to stay healthy in any climate! My favorite lotion is the Hello Beautiful Ultra Shea Body Cream from Bath and Body Works. It has a nice floral scent, and works better than just the regular lotion. Click here to find it!
- When you just need to get all the dirt and oil off your face in an area of no sinks, this is your best bet. My favorite cleansing wipe is one that exfoliates as well. It’s called Olay’s Fresh Effects Exfoliating Wet Cloths. It gently scrubs off the dirt leaving a nice scent. Click here to find it!
Although, there are many other beauty products you could bring when on vacation or travelling, these are some of my personal favorites. Enjoy and happy travels!